This is a list of things that stemmed from the fact that I tend to cringe a lot when thinking about my past self and what I did or thought. Things that took me forever to figure out and by the time I did, I was very late to the party and second guessing why my friends even stuck around with me.
1) Yes, people can see that pimple. No, they don’t care.
2) Use conditioner, for everyone’s sake. Pretty please.
3) Learn to study now when it’s still easy because in the future you’ll need to and you won’t know how and there will be tears.
4) Don’t be intimidated by people your age or older. Or younger, they really aren’t that intimidating. Maybe that 12 year old dresses better than you but you’ve probably got a few things on them too.
5) Be more comfortable with your silence. You are a quiet person and if you don’t feel like talking, you don’t have to!! That being said…
6) You’re allowed to talk. Just because you don’t talk often doesn’t mean you have less of a right to have everyone hear what you have to say.
7) Please wear jeans. Yes, I know your fuzzy pants match your fuzzy sweater. Now make that go away.
8) Maybe you should have broken a few more rules so that when it came to being older your mom wouldn’t still expect you to do everything she said without question. This one’s iffy actually, past me, but I’m not sure how to get around it here on my part.
9) You like music, go discover it! How did you manage not to have a favourite artist until well into high school?
These are only a couple things that come to mind for advice that could have been useful to give to the past versions of me, albeit I might not be the same person I am today if I suddenly grew a fashion sense in the 8th grade. Who knows. And I’m definitely going to be embarrassing of 19 year old Karen in the future because the cycle never ends.
What about you guys, what are some tips or comments you really really wish you could go ahead and say to previous you? Tell me them in the comments!