I’ve decided that if I don’t call them “resolutions” that there might be a higher chance of me trying to accomplish them.
I’m actually one of those people that tries to take every opportunity I can to make promises that I inevitably don’t keep to better myself. At the beginning of a new school year, after a particularly unproductive weekend, whatever might motivate me to try and have a New Start to create a Better Self.
At least I realize that I’m not that disciplined of a person and am not that disappointed in my failure but I do know that I steadily improve each time I try to create new habits. In conclusion, it’s not like setting goals for myself is making anything worse so here I go!
1. Develop skills. This includes but is not limited to my coding abilities, decreasing my aversion to networking and spending more time crocheting cool projects.
2. Spend more time reading. Honestly I’ve gone from reading 100+ books a year to less than 50 and I’m not sure why, maybe it was because I’ve been spending more time on the internet or homework is much harder than it used to be but I would like to go back to the former please.
3. Put effort into others. Just because I am an introvert does not mean that I’m allowed to never plan hang outs and not stay friends with the cool people that I have the pleasure of knowing in my life.
4. Clean up. My ability to walk through a dirty room unfazed is stellar, unfortunately that is exactly what I’m trying to curb. Hopefully I can create habits that make it less of a chore to stay tidy!
5. Track money and time. I find that if I know where I am spending my money and my time then I will be much more capable of deciding whether that is something I want to continue or if there are things I need to cut back on.
6. Be the nerd I want to be. Which is someone that is always on top of their schoolwork and rewrites their notes are prettily and pretty much knows everything about all their subjects. Serious goals.