I’m not the biggest watcher of all these award shows.
I rarely know they’re happening until I start seeing gifs and commentary on tumblr. (No, I’m not always on tumblr. Just when I’m not sleeping, okay?) But this was the Oscars and they’re big enough that I did clue in on them. And with Ellen Desgeneres hosting and Benedict Cumberbatch in the audience there’s a high chance I would be incredibly sad if I missed it. Also my mom and sister have randomly become crazy award show buffs?? Like they watched the Grammy’s together and I don’t think my mom even likes any of that kind of music…
But a lot happened tonight so let us condense it in the best way possible: bullets.
- Leonardo DiCaprio did not finally win his first Oscar as everyone on tumblr was holding their breath for. I expected this because Wolf on Wall Street isn’t a very deep movie and that’s a little bit of a requirement.
- Was that too long of a bullet? I’ll stop explaining myself.
- Lupita Nyong’o is the queen (and also won Best Supporting Actress)
- Ellen literally ordered a pizza and brought the poor pizza guy in to feed the first few lucky rows
- Ellen also took a selfie that was probably the greatest thing ever
- All the musical performances were actually phenomenal (shoutout to Happy and Let It Go)
- Frozen won some awards!!
- Gravity won 7/10 awards it was nominated for
- Croods didn’t win best animated even though, in my opinion, it should have probably because, well at least my theory is, it was released way earlier in the year and people forgot how awesome it was.
- 12 Years A Slave won best picture
- Lots of the winners had premade speeches on folded up pieces of paper and some were shaking and some literally jumped up and down and they were all adorable and it was so exciting watching them be happy about their wins
- How To Train Your Dragon music was playing in one of the interludes
And that’s what I took from the show! What was your favourite part?